Anxious About Hong Kong


These past few days, I have been stuck on the net reading blogs, checking out forums, and virtually seeking any kind of practical information I can get about Hong Kong. 

Apparently, not only is it my first time in what many refer to as Asia's World City, but more than anything else, it is my first out-of-the-country trip as well. And you can only guess how anxious I am about it. 

The Famous Hong Kong Skyline (obviously not my pic)
I've already made a rough estimate of our budget, pretty much imagined myself in Hong Kong's top tourist attractions, and carefully planned a transport itinerary as well. Thanks to the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) official website, to the journey planner of Hong Kong's MTR, and to the map-based route search of Citybus, planning the trip has been a breeze, as far as transportation within HK is concerned.

Of course, that is only a small chunk of the planning process. It's a good thing we have already booked our airline tickets last month (July 25) via an Air Asia promo fare. I'm not really sure if it's a good deal, since we still have to head to DMIA in Clark, so I doubt if it's really worth the hassle of travel. Anyway, there is no use whining about it since it's already booked, right? Might as well plan ahead and save ourselves from all possible future glitches.

Cost of our Airline Tickets
Ok, so it's less than two months before our trip and we still haven't got any accommodation. How convenient is that?! Argh. Although I have already inquired a lot of the hostels and guesthouses in HK which have either been highly recommended on forums or is advertised in third party booking sites, my only concern is that October is a peak month in HK and I really, really hope we don't run out of accommodations until the first week of September, at which time we can already finally book a room. Oh well, talk about budget constraint. Hehehe. 

Until then, I hope we could eventually finalize the whole itinerary. 


HANG KANG! Here we come! ;)

0 comments: