Hong Kong on a Shoestring! (Avenue of Stars, Clock Tower, HK CEC)


I think we really got so tired for the day in as much as we still haven't regained much of our strength completely from when we flew to Hong Kong to right until this moment. Hence, getting up and the thought of walking again was an ordeal in itself.

It was already 8 PM when I decided to go out on a Hong Kong night tour by myself. The HK feast of night lights just seemed too irresistible to pass on and apparently it was more than enough to keep me alive and awake for the rest of the night.

Avenue of Stars (AOS) and The Clock Tower


Since the Pearl Hostel is situated in Tsim Sha Tsui, I just walked my way to the Avenue of Stars. There was a nightly show at the AOS that time. That night a local female singing artist was featured, she was covering "Grenade" by Bruno Mars. IMHO, it wasn't really that good. Hehehe. I suppose I have just heard better covers. Anyway, I was too lazy to walk the whole stretch of the Avenue of Stars because I was alone. Besides, I was really aiming to catch a Star Ferry to Wan Chai to be able to take a photo of the Hong Kong Convention Center.

A nightly show at the Avenue of Stars featuring some of their local artists
This is how far I've gone to the Avenue of Stars that night. Hahaha. Too lazy to walk AOS alone.
The famous Hong Kong skyline. Finally, I got to take my own pic of it!
Taken on top of a higher platform near the Clock Tower
The Clock Tower: a famous landmark in Tsim Sha Tsui. Already felt like Christmas in the place!
I had to go down the platform from where I was earlier to get a closer look.
The Clock Tower: Up close and personal (Hehehe)
Apparently because I was alone sitting near the Clock Tower, enjoying free government Wi-Fi, I was approached by two teenage Chinese couple. The girl was first to approach and she was talking in Cantonese. After realizing I couldn't understand her. She talked in broken English and asked me to take a picture of the two of them in front of the light displays. I gladly obliged and was happy to use a Polaroid camera for the first time. Hahaha. #simplejoys

And that is what I get for straying alone in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center (HK CEC)


After my stint at the Clock Tower, I walked straight ahead to the Star Ferry Terminal and boarded a ferry bound for Wan Chai, whose terminal I thought was right beside the Hong Kong Convention Center. I was wrong. You still had to walk for at least 5 minutes, oh make that 10 minutes for the return trip, for you to be able to reach HK CEC. If my feet could only talk, they'd be cursing me by now. Hahaha. My only thought was that I had to make the most of this trip; somehow, I already conditioned myself of the non-stop walking that I would encounter in Hong Kong. And boy was I conditioned! Hahaha.

The HK CEC viewed on my way to the Wan Chai Star Ferry Terminal
The Golden Bauhinia right in front of the HK CEC
The lights encircling the HK CEC constantly changes in color. Here it is green.
Then it was blue.
Skater Boys practicing in front of the HK CEC
HK CEC Emblem, China Flag, and HK Flag
HK CEC Marker
The Wan Chai Star Ferry terminal is right across
On my way back to Tsim Sha Tsui, the Clock Tower and the TST Promenade stands out on the Kowloon side of Victoria Harbor.
It was already 11 PM when I got back to the Pearl Hostel. The bee is already awake. So we went out yet again to buy some more stuff in 7/11 for breakfast and some Tsing Tao (hehehe) and chips to cap the night off. Now, I'm tired. Off to dreamland!

Cheers to Day 2 in Hong Kong!

[END OF DAY 2 IN HONG KONG]

0 comments: